As a Certified Nutritional Therapy Consultant and Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Katharine is here to offer her expertise in nutrition so that families can optimize their health during the critical times of pregnancy, breastfeeding, and early childhood. Her wellness philosophy is centered around optimal hydration, daily movement, and a nourishing whole-foods diet including tons of veggies, juicy fruits, healthy fats, yummy unrefined carbs, high-quality proteins and supplementation when necessary. She offers a variety of support packages, which are catered to meet individual needs.
THE BENEFITS OF A NUTRIENT-DENSE DIET FOR MAMA & BABY
– Consistently choosing nourishing foods before, during, and after pregnancy can improve energy, brighten skin, and reduce excessive weight gain and related symptoms, while providing your baby with all of her key nutrients for growth.
– Nutrient-dense, low glycemic foods plus 20-30 minutes of walking or another chosen activity can reduce chances for gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and other pregnancy complications.
– A balanced, nourishing diet serves as a critical piece of self-care; love and nourish your body and baby with nutrient-rich, delicious foods to reduce the daily stress and toxin load during an important time of love and growth for both Mama and Baby.
SESSION & PACKAGE DETAILS
Katharine offers initial phone consultations (up to one hour) for $50 to address immediate issues, including common pregnancy concerns such as anemia, preparing for the glucose test, managing gestational diabetes, and how to best nourish a healthy pregnancy.
For more comprehensive support, Katharine offers the following packages:
Sessions are 60 minutes in-person or via Skype of food journal analysis, nutritional assessment, Nutritional and Lifestyle Recommendations, and follow up. The 4 sessions can be distributed across any of the following packages (for example, perhaps you want 2 sessions during pregnancy, one to support optimal breastfeeding, and one for how to best introduce solid foods to baby) :
– Glowing Mama Growing Baby Package, $199 – 4 prenatal nutrition and wellness sessions to reduce uncomfortable symptoms, improve energy, and ensure proper nutrients for baby.
– Milking Mama Package, $199 – 4 nutrition and wellness sessions to encourage optimal breastfeeding diet and lifestyle choices, milk-boosting superfoods, and address any infant colic or suspected food sensitivities.
– Mom Bod Package, $199 – 4 nutrition and wellness sessions to encourage gentle weight loss and detox in order to rebalance hormones, regain energy, and rebuild nutrients, especially before additional pregnancies.
-Introducing Solid Foods & Early Childhood Nutrition Package, $99 – 2 nutrition and wellness sessions focused on the introduction of baby’s first foods, picky eaters, and how to best fulfill your growing child’s nutritional needs.
HEALTHY FOOD & HABITS FOR YOUR CHILD ($50/couple)
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10TH 6:00-8:00PM
Join Joyful Birthing’s certified Nutritional Therapy Consultant and Licenses Clinical Social Worker, Katharine Murphy, to learn how to introduce your infant, child, and family to the nutritious world of yummy, real, unprocessed foods. Katharine will cover when and what solid foods to introduce in infancy, the “growing foods” that encourage toddlers and children to thrive, how to transition away from high-glycemic packaged foods and back toward fresh and whole foods, how to address the common influences of picky eating both nutritionally and behaviorally, as well as healthy snack, treat, and meal ideas to keep the whole family happy and healthy. Learn more / Register